We will protect your information consistent with (but not limited to) the principles of the Privacy Act of 1974, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Maryland Personal Information Protection Act.
2. Personally Identifiable Information
As a general rule, Oncospace does not collect PII about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PII through our website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving Oncospace your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in Oncospace’s inability to provide you with the service you desire.
If you choose to provide us with PII, through such methods as completing a web form or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
Our website may allow you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. We will only send you general information via email. You should be reminded that email may not necessarily be secure against interception. Therefore, we suggest that you do not send sensitive personal data to us via email.
4. Retention of Your Personal Information
Oncospace will retain your electronic mail messages for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected. We may retain your personal information for longer if it may be the subject of a legal claim or may otherwise be relevant for future litigation.
Where you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages about Oncospace’s products and services, we will keep this information about you until you tell us otherwise. This is to ensure that we don’t send you any further marketing communications in error.
5. Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use for site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
the Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website; the type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site; the operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site; the date and time you access our site; the Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit; if you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
We may share the above information as needed with our employees or representatives who have a “need- to-know” in the performance of their official duties, in order to quickly process your request or transaction. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
6. Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
This section explains what cookies are, how we use them, the types of cookies we use (i.e., the information we collect using cookies and how that information is used) and how to control your cookie preferences. You can alter your consent and any time using the Cookie Settings on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: https://oncospace.com/.
6.1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded by your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and allow us to understand how the website performs, what works, what doesn’t and where it needs improvement.
6.2. How We Use Them?
As with most online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for a number of purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way. More importantly, they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, and the services it provides. All in all, providing you with a better user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
For improving you return visits to our website, cookies are retained for a period no less than 6 months.
6.3. What Types of Cookies do we use?
The cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories.
- Analytics: Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Functional: Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
- Necessary: Necessary cookies are essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
- Performance: Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Advertisement cookies are not used by Oncospace. These are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. They track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Further, these types of cookies can be either:
- Session: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site;
- Persistent: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard-drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning, and for repeat visitors, to block recurring invitations.
6.4. How Can You Manage Your Cookies?
You can manage your cookie preferences on Oncosapce.com by clicking “Settings” and enabling or disabling the cookie categories according to your preferences.
Should you decide to change your cookie preferences later, you can click on the “Cookie Settings” link. This will display the consent notice again and allow you to change your preferences or withdraw your consent entirely.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.wikipedia.org or https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Oncospace takes the security of all PII very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this site. Such measures include access controls designed to limit access to the information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
We take the following steps to secure the information we collect:
- employ internal access controls to ensure that only personnel who have access to your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties;
- train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements;
- secure the areas where we retain paper copies of the information we collect online;
- perform regular backups of the information we collect online to ensure against loss;
- use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to:
- Secure Socket Layer(SSL);
- Password protections.
- periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance;
- employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized access by outsiders that attempt to “hack” into, or cause harm to, the information contained in our systems.
We hold our contractors and other third-party providers to the same high standards that we use to ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal information they may have access to in the course of their work completed on behalf of Oncospace.
8. Interaction with Children Online
Whilst the Oncospace website is not intended for use by children, Oncospace is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. Verifiable consent from a child’s parent or guardian is required before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from a child under age 13. If the Oncospace website results in the collection of information about children under 13 years old, COPPA-required information and instructions will be provided to the child’s parent or guardian where possible or otherwise deleted.
9. Compliance with the Law
Oncospace complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. Oncospace may be compelled to surrender personal user or customer information to legal authorities if presented with a court subpoena or similar legal or administrative order, or as required or permitted by the laws, rules and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction.
10. Your Rights over your Personal Data
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to the GDPR, you have a right to:
- access your personal data by requesting a copy of the personal information we hold about you and details of how we use that information;
- amend or rectify any of the information held about you if it is incorrect or out of date. Please use the contact details mentioned below and we will amend our records where appropriate;
- require us to erase your personal data, stop processing your personal data, restrict the processing of your personal information, right of portability of your personal information and/or to withdraw your consent to processing. This may not apply if there are other legal justifications to continue processing;
- lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
If you think we may have incorrect personal information or would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, or to exercise any other data protection right, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we need you to prove who you are before we can provide you with any information.
11. Changes to this Notice
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If such changes are material in nature, we will provide additional notice (such as adding a statement to the main website page).
12. Your Consent
If you continue to use our site after reading this notice, we will interpret that to mean that you consent to the terms of our use for cookies as well as acceptance of our privacy notice during your visit to any of our websites and/or the use of our services.
13. Inquiries or Concerns
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact the Oncospace Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Start typing or pasting here.